Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
PRIZES IN THIS CONTEST WILL BE AWARDED TO COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS/CHARITIES DESIGNATED BY THE SELECTED ENTRANTS, AS FURTHER DETAILED BELOW. NO PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO THE ENTRANTS.
- SPONSOR: The Hometown Roots Photo Contest Powered (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Lallemand Plant Care, 1620 rue Prefontaine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H1W 2N8 (the “Sponsor”). Not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to any person related to commercial agriculture (in Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason) who are legal residents of Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan (in Canada) and Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Montana, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota (in the United States) who are age of majority in their province or state at time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, Contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. Contest is void elsewhere and where prohibited.
By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of these Contest Rules, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion whose decisions are final on all matters related to the Contest, are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor.
- CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: This Contest begins on November 13, 2023 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ends on July 31, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET (the “Contest Entry Period”), after which this Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
- HOW TO ENTER: You can enter this Contest by taking an eligible photograph that you feel best celebrates agriculture and our rural communities (the “Photograph”), uploading it at www.lallemandhometownroots.com, including a description of 25-75 words that explains how the photograph represents what is special about your community or farm (the “Essay”), and including any of the following information that is required by Sponsor on the Contest entry page (the “Entrant Information”): your full name (first and last name), whether you are a grower, retailer, agronomist or other eligible person related to commercial agriculture, your telephone number, e-mail address, country and province/state, and the community/charitable organization name and address to which you want the prize to be awarded if your Entry is selected and confirmed as a winner. Each entrant’s Photograph, Essay and Entrant Information shall be collectively referred to herein as the entrant’s “Entry.”
Limit one (1) Entry per week per person during the Contest Entry Period (maximum 10 (ten) Entries total per person). If more than one (1) Entry is received from the same person/email per week, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that entrant, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether any entrant meets the eligibility requirements and is related to commercial agriculture for the purposes of the eligibility requirements and entry limits set forth herein. All Entries must comply with all of the Entry Submission Guidelines below.
Entry Submission Guidelines
All Entries are subject to the following rules:
- Entries must be 1200 pixels x 675 pixels minimum, in colour, with a maximum size of 20 megabytes in size.
- Entrants grant the Sponsor an exclusive license to use their Entries for the administration of this Contest and in any advertising, marketing or publicity without notice or compensation, as may be edited, modified, or translated in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- The Sponsor may determine, in its sole discretion, whether to accept any Entry and whether it will use any Entry for any purpose, including in any marketing or publicity. Entries cannot be any of the following, all of which shall be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion:
- Sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent towards or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or profane or descriptive of any dangerous activity.
- Promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that are unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message.
- Obscene, offensive or endorse any form of hate or hate group.
- Defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about the Sponsor or its products or any other people, products or companies.
- Contain trademarks, logos, intellectual property or content owned by third parties or advertise or promote any brand or product.
- Contain copyrighted materials owned by third parties.
- Refer to the name of any person without written permission from that person for the entrant to use their name for purposes of this Contest, including for the Sponsor to reproduce it for purposes authorized herein. Upon Sponsor’s request, entrant must supply such written consent to Sponsor in a form approved by Sponsor.
- Reproduce, whether by photograph or any other means, the image, likeness or other form of identity of any other person (“Likeness”) without written permission from that other person for the entrant to use their Likeness for purposes of this Contest, including the Sponsor to reproduce it for purposes authorized herein. Upon Sponsor’s request, entrant must supply such written consent to Sponsor in a form approved by Sponsor.
- Communicate messages inconsistent with the purpose of this Contest.
The Sponsor may require any entrant to obtain any third party consent(s) that the Sponsor deems necessary for their Entry in Sponsor’s sole discretion, whether to satisfy intellectual property, privacy or any other applicable laws, before accepting an entrant’s Entry or using an entrant’s Entry for marketing, the administration of this Contest or any other purpose, any such consent(s) which may be required by the Sponsor being the sole obligation and expense of the Entrant.
For this Contest: (i) receipt of an Internet Entry occurs when the Sponsor’s server records the entry information. All Entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter into this Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any of these Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all Entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants, at Sponsor’s discretion. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an Entry.
- CONTEST PRIZES: There are a total of ten (10) prizes available to be awarded to a local community organization or charity (the “Winning Organization”) designated by the winning entrant and approved by Sponsor, each consisting of a $5,000 cheque payable to the Winning Organization (one (1) CAD $5,000 prize for each of Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan and one (1) USD $5,000 prize for each of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Montana, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota). Each Winning Organization must be approved by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, whose decisions are final. The Sponsor may approve or dis-approve of any Winning Organization designated by an entrant for any reason whatsoever, in which case such Entry will be disqualified and an alternate Entry selected. Total ARV of all Prizes: $50,000.
FOR U.S. WINNERS: Winning Organization designated by entrants must be a 501(c)(3) organization in good standing with the IRS at time of designation and at time of prize awarding. Donation is not tax deductible to the winner.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering or participating in this Contest. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award. Prizes are not transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed other than as set forth herein.
- ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Entries received in each province or state during the Contest Entry Period.
- SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Canadian Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of their designated Winning Organization being awarded a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s mathematical skill-testing question.
- WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: On August 1, 2024 at 10:00 a.m. ET at 201 King Street, London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 1C9 (“Draw Date”) an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor will conduct a random draw from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Entry Period to identify the potential Winning Organizations of this Contest (the “Selected Entrants”). The Winning Organizations identified in the Selected Entrants Entries will be deemed winners if both the Selected Entrants and the Winning Organizations meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final. The Sponsor will send a cheque to each Winning Organization that has been approved by the Sponsor by September 15, 2024.
If a Selected Entrant does not meet any eligibility or other criteria set out in these Contest rules, he/she will be disqualified and the Winning Organization designated by such Selected Entrant will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible Entries. Before their Winning Organization will be declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question (for Canadian Selected Entrants); (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (“Winner Release”); (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor, whose decisions are final; and (iv) the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, require any Winning Organization selected by any Selected Entrant to enter into an agreement with the Sponsor (“Winning Organization Release”) allowing Sponsor to use its name, trademarks, logos, photographs, images or any other intellectual property owned by the Winning Organization for administration of this Contest or promotional purposes.
The Selected Entrants will be notified within one (1) business day of the draw and will be contacted by the telephone number or e-mail address provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within twenty-four (24) hours following the draw. A Selected Entrant that identifies a Winning Organization that does not or cannot accept a prize will be disqualified and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw from the remaining eligible Entries.
The Selected Entrant’s Winner Release, and if required the Sponsor’s Winning Organization Release for the charity/community organization chosen by the Selected Entrant, must be completed, signed and returned by the Selected Entrant for receipt by the Sponsor no later than August 20, 2024, and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the failure of Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response. If the completed and signed Winner Release, and if required Winning Organization Release, is not received by Sponsor by August 20, 2024, the Selected Entrant may be disqualified and their Winning Organization will not be awarded a prize.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with his/her selected entry.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The Selected Entrants of this Contest must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parents, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Facebook and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of this Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of an entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of this Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in this Contest; and (iii) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of these Contest Rules or participation in this Contest and/or in connection with their designated Winning Organization’s acceptance of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in this Contest or their Winning Organization from being awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding this Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in this Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of an Entry by the Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential Selected Entrant.
- OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible Entries received by the date on which the Contest was cancelled.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in this Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, whether they are a farmer, grower, retailer, agronomist or other person associated with commercial agriculture, address, postal code, e-mail address, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, all as may be edited, translated or otherwise modified by the Sponsor in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
Law: This Contest is void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws and all applicable United States federal, state and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
Winners’ List: For a list of the Selected Entrants and Winning Organizations, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 201 King Street, London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 1C9 postmarked by September 29, 2024.
© Lallemand Plant Care, 2023. All Rights Reserved.